What is focus group
The suitable way to collect information such as the impression and preference the users have toward the product when they see it or use it, or complaint and comment they have in on regular basis, is focus group.
When conduct an interview by having a number of people gather together and exchange their comments, we can expect to receive valuable feedbacks, which we cannot draw out from one-by-one interview.
For example, focus group will be suitable for the following themes:
- Which product within several competing products are preferred for what reason.
- Which population prefer which of the multiple design plans and color variation.
- How much price will change the purchase motivation in what way.
- How unhappy they are in the product they use on a routine basis, and what function they want.
How to proceed the study
- In concert with the purpose of the survey, we divide the interview participants into groups of several people. In general, it seems that the discussions will heat up when the people of similar characteristic are in the same group.
- Evaluation staff will be a moderator and a host for the focus group, and participants for each group will exchange comments about one subject. In that regard, it is possible to show the product sample, or ask them to operate by giving a simple task, if necessary.
- The focus group can be combined with questionnaire survey. We will ask the participants to fill out the questionnaire form individually, and then start the discussion.
Your advantages upon your request to our company.
- We can find the accurate evaluation target users from more than 5000 registered participants.
- Very experienced evaluation staff will be a moderator, and will maximize their feedbacks.
- If necessary, we combine focus group with questionnaire or task, and conduct proper research design.
Our past case examples
- About their impression of fashion goods
- About their impression of synthetic voice announcement
Create in 2000.09.07
Edit in 2010.04.27